As the molton hot chocolate covers the iced cold berries, it thickens as it cools to make a delectable fudgy sauce. So delicous and so simple! Can be made ahead but the sauce must be re heated very gently. Ensure the berries are not frozen solid but just ice cold and frosted.
Iced berries with Hot White Chocolate Sauce
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 400g mixed summer berries, prepared
- Chocolate sauce: 50g white chocolate
- 50 ml single cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence or paste
- few sprigs of mint to decorate
- Prepare, hull and wipe the mixed berries. Place in a large container or tray and place in the freezer for about 40 mins to ice
- To make the sauce melt the broken up chocolate in a wide bowl, over a pan of hot water
- Add cream and vanilla and stir quickly until it comes together in a smooth creamy sauce.
- Remove the frosted berries from the freezer, arrange on individual plates or bowls and pur over white chocolate. Serve with a few sprigs of mint
Recently whilst sorting out my groaning cookbook shelves I came across a tatty folder full of recipes from what now seems like 'another life' - when my brother Duncan and ...Read more about this chef..