This quick and easy recipe adds texture and taste for an interesting garnish or salad ingredient. It will add zest to any dish!
- 3 large carrots
- 50g castor sugar
- 100ml white or rice vinegar
- pinch of salt
- 1 star anise
- 1 whole red chilli
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- In a small saucepan combine the sugar, vinegar, salt and star anise and chilli
- Slowly bring to boil and turn off. let cool for 5 minutes
- Using a potato peeler, cut ribbons along the length of the carrot, discarding the core, and place in large bowl
- Remove the star anise and chilli (if using) from the marinade and pour over the carrot ribbons ensuring they are covered
- leave in fridge until required
Recently whilst sorting out my groaning cookbook shelves I came across a tatty folder full of recipes from what now seems like 'another life' - when my brother Duncan and ...Read more about this chef..