You can really taste the orange coming through in this sauce which goes so well with the fresh ginger. Delicious with Stir Fry and all things that require a dipping!
Tamari and Ginger Dipping Sauce
- Prep Time
- 150 ml
- 2tbsp sesame/groundnut oil (or other flavourless kind)
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed with salt
- 2 spring onion, finely chopped using all the green
- 1 tsp honey or to taste
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 150ml orange juice
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- Saute the garlic, ginger and spring onions gently in the oil until softened, but not browned
- Add the remaining ingredients and slowly bring up to heat. Simmer for 15 mins until reduced by a quarter.
- Blend with a stick blender until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning for sweetness with honey, and saltiness with soy sauce.
- Add more orange juice for a thinner sauce
Recently whilst sorting out my groaning cookbook shelves I came across a tatty folder full of recipes from what now seems like 'another life' - when my brother Duncan and ...Read more about this chef..